• Improving our local school systems is dependent upon a complex formula of which leadership is an essential variable.
are significant unrealized leadership capabilities and capacities in our
local school systems.
• Within all school leaders there are unrealized possibilities and hopes they bring to their local schools, yet there is no place dedicated to helping them make those dreams come true.
• An essential part of this leadership development work is to enable local leaders to examine their personal purpose, beliefs, values, vision and behaviors in order to enhance their impact.
• The possibilities and opportunities of leadership need to be explored and rethought in order to continuously improve our public education system.
• When we honor people who dare to lead, they become more empowered and courageous.
• The current "education reform" efforts are doing little to enhance leadership capacities and capabilities in local school systems.
• We can provide tools, models, knowledge, research, information, skill development, and experiences to improve local leadership.
• There is a need to create a "sacred place" to work with these leaders to create new ideas, renew energy, revitalize passions, and raise important questions.
• Education leaders will benefit from interactions and dialogue with leaders from other enterprises who have different models, ideas and concepts about leadership and organizations.
• Opportunities for reflection, exploration and dialogue are an essential part of this leadership development and renewal work.
• Educational leaders will benefit from the opportunities to assess the effectiveness of their current leadership practices.
the leadership capabilities and capacities in our local
school systems is dependent upon developing a vigorous
and ongoing network of support, encouragement, expertise,
[ posted: August, 2003 ]